Gavita Master controller Gen 2 series Gavita Master Controller
Models EL1 F & EL2 F
Take control of your Gavita fixtures with the second generation Master controllers. All gen 2 controllers have improved functionalities and provide even more safety and flexibility. We also offer Fan control in our new EL1F and EL2F controllers.
- The Master Controllers are extremely easy to set-up. The two-line green OLED display is sharp and easy to read, even in a high light intensity environment, and all menu items are in plain text. The 4-button control of the menu system is intuitive. A special fifth button is added to directly set the output of your fixtures. Red and blue LEDs show you the output status of your controller ports and give you a quick view of any errors.
- The wiring system is plug-and-play with all the cables you need already included with each e-series fixture. You can find more information on how to connect your fixtures to our controller here: Single Bus vs. Repeater Bus. The manual describes how you can make custom cables for any length. Different lengths of control cables are available as original Gavita accessories.
- The controller is easy to mount with the supplied bracket. Two screws are all you need to install it and the controller clicks right in. This enables you easy access to the wiring at the bottom of the controller.
- The most important and valued features of the Master controller are the temperature safety features. Your lamps will automatically dim when your climate control is no longer able to maintain the correct temperature. Or will even shut down your lamps when a maximum temperature is reached. These features have saved many crops already!
- The control signal is a safe, analog and low voltage signal, and the controller is protected from signal shortcuts in the wiring. Wiring faults will not kill your controller.
Last but not least, the EL2F offers you alarm contacts (NO and NC) to seamlessly integrate your controller in your alarm and monitoring systems. Whenever there is a calamity (power outage, emergency shutdown or sensor failure) the alarm contacts will switch, notifying you of the fact that you need to take action.
- Whether you control two fixtures or 1000, the Master Controller will do the job. Standard, each output channel can control 40 fixtures (Single Bus e-series) up to 500 fixtures (Repeater Bus E-series), without the addition of booster modules.
- The EL2F has even more features. On top of the double output ports, you can connect our ECM units which allow you to switch auxiliary equipment, such as CO2 units and heaters, during the lights-on and light-off periods.
- We have a wide range of original Gavita accessories available, ranging from a booster to expand the number of single bus e-series fixtures with 200 fixtures each, to cables, splitters, and long lead temperature sensors.
- The anodized aluminium extrusion housing is rugged and compact. No more standard grey plastic installation boxes with cluttered buttons and lights. The controller is compact, clean, and some even find it sexy.
0-10V EC fan control
- Modern EC fans contain a brushless DC motor, which is powered by a controllable electronic driver. They offer a great control range while maintaining power, torque, and static pressure, at much lower energy use. Though they are more expensive than the traditional AC fans, their precise speed control and torque maintenance result in a much better, and quieter control of air flow.
- No longer do you need separate high-power speeds controllers to regulate your extraction and intake fans: This little intelligent controller can control them all, more precise, quieter and with a much better performance. Whether you want to move 1 cf/s or 1,000 cf/s: this controller can handle any size EC fan.
Independent cycles on EL2 models
- With our first generation, the EL2 models had a “follow” or “inverse” function, allowing you to use the two ports for a large room, or two flowering rooms “flip/flopping” in a 12/12 cycle. This is still possible, but now you can program the two channels of an EL2 completely separate. You can program two different, and overlapping cycles, for example a 12/12 on channel 1 and an 18/2 on channel 2. Basically, you have the functionality of 2 EL1 controllers in one, plus the extra functionality of the ECMs and the alarm contacts on the EL2 series
Switch, dim and boost centrally
- Now you have complete control over the light cycle and the output of your fixtures from one single point. Never reach to a ballast again!
- Setting up the controller is a breeze, with a 5 language text interface in plain language on a high quality OLED display.
Intelligent PID fan control
- PID stands for Proportional, Integral, Derivative. It is a control algorithm which is used in industrial control processes to provide the most accurate and stable process temperatures and flows. The PID control reduces oscillation and is self-learning, based on continuously measuring the effect of any changes in temperature and fan speed. The result is an absolute stable temperature in your grow room and a quiet fan.
- Logging functions for high/low temperature, last autodim event, last shutdown event and last power loss.
- Set different times for sunrise and sunset.
- The complete installation is plug-and-play. Every e-series fixture comes with all necessary cables to install it on the e-series control bus.
Crop safety – auto dim
In extreme conditions the Master Controller automatically dims your lights, so your plants will survive the high heat.
Crop protection – auto-shutdown
- When cooling or ventilation fails, the Master Controller automatically switches off your lights, preventing imminent damage to your crop (or worse).
- Nonvolatile memory to store user settings.
Independent programmable ECMs (External Contactor Modules)
- The ECMs (External Contactor Modules) are used to switch on or off auxiliary equipment during the lights-on or lights-off period. In the GEN2 EL2 controllers you can now choose whether they switch on or off, and which channel they should follow. This allows for flexible integration and automation.
|Lighting control channels||1||2|
|Max Repeater Bus fixtures||500||1000|
|Max Single Bus fixtures||40*||80*|
|Inverse channels (flip/flop)||•|
|Alarm contacts||2, nc/no|
|EC Fan control outputs||1||2|
|Fan control range||10-100%||10-100%|
|Maximum number of fans||2||4|
|External Fan control Module (EFM1)||•||•|
|Fan Balancer (FB1)||1||2|
|External Contactor Module (ECM1)||•|
|B200 booster (max. 3 per port)||3||6|
|*without booster modules||*without booster modules|